About the Artificial Intelligence (Distance Learning) course at University of Huddersfield
Increased use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) can bring major social and economic benefits to the UK. Skilled experts are needed to develop AI and they are in short supply. To develop more AI, the UK will need a larger workforce with deeper AI expertise.*
Recent developments in machine learning and the success of high profile AI applications have resulted in governments globally promoting the area as a central component of future technologies in many application areas. This course will aim to develop your knowledge and understanding to an advanced level across a range of areas including:
- autonomous systems
- knowledge representation and reasoning
- data mining
- machine learning
Our aim is to equip you with an understanding of the fundamental approaches to implementing intelligent behaviour in machines. This should then enable you to match applications with appropriate AI techniques for their solution, and be able to construct and configure solutions using a range of AI technologies.
- Effective Research and Professional Practice
- Autonomous and Autonomic Intelligent Systems
- Data Mining
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Case Studies in Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence Planning
- Individual Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArtificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 28 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- A BSc or BEng Honours degree (2:2 or above) in Computing or Engineering or scientific related subject or an equivalent professional qualification
- Applicants are expected to be familiar with and have some aptitude for Discrete Mathematics and Predicate Calculus
- Other qualifications and/or experience that demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at an Honours degree level - the qualification and experience should be in the area of Computer Science or Mathematics/Engineering
National660 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 GBP per module during 24 months.
- the part-time tuition fee for UK postgraduate students on this course will be £660 per 15 credit module and £1,320 per 30 credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.