Suitable whether you have a personal or professional interest in the field of psychology, the course will explore a range of theoretical ideas and practical applications across the discipline. There is a strong focus on employability throughout the entire course, with the ability to explore the wide variety of careers possible with a psychology degree. You will also be introduced to psychological research methodologies that are beneficial in many related careers.
Throughout the course you will explore exciting topics including:
- the history and philosophy of psychological inquiry
- critical milestones in human development through infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and late adulthood
- fundamental research principles in psychobiology and neuropsychology
- the main qualitative and quantitative research methods used for data collection and analysis
The Psychology course from University of Essex Online will culminate in the completion of a dissertation, where you will conduct independent research into a psychological issue of your choice and applying your learnings from the course to produce your report.
An education in psychology can be useful in a wide array of fields, including counselling, marketing, the civil service, healthcare and the legal system.
You can also pursue further education in psychology in order to enter one of the many career paths within the field, such as investigative and forensic psychology, neuroscience, healthcare, clinical roles, child development and education, sports, exercise and occupational psychology. This degree will also be beneficial within academia, research or training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Psychological Enquiry
- Human Development over the Lifespan
- Psychological Research Methods
- Critical Social Psychology
- Advanced Research Methods
- Psychobiology and Neuroscience
- Psychology Skills and Employability
- MSc Psychology Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences View 145 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our MSc Psychology, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our MSc Psychology, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least 3 years’ experience (voluntary or paid) within a relevant field, supported by 2 appropriate references. A relevant field may include one in Health, Mental Health, Social services, Counselling services, Schools and Education, Policing, Data analysis and Statistics. This is not an exhaustive list and will be reviewed on an individual basis by the academic team.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11836 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11836 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.