Through this online PG Cert Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics *, you will develop the key knowledge and skills required to succeed in management of supply chains. The course contextualises your learnings through following a t-shirt from conceptualisation, design, manufacturing, transportation, storing and retail through to purchase. At the end of the course, you will be able to continue your studies and advance onto our PG Dip or Masters programme.
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
PG Cert Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics teaching methods
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live Q&As.
PG Cert Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics assessment methods
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to go to external test centres; instead you will submit written assignments through the VLE. For the few courses where exams are required, we use a virtual system which allows you to take academically rigorous exams from the comfort of your own home.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for end of year exams
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the VLE
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
PG Cert Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics career prospects
There is high demand for logistics and supply chain management professionals with an estimated six positions available for each qualified candidate. Possible roles include those within supply chain planning and design, distribution and network design, freight transportation, inventory management and control, procurement, and warehouse management.
On successful completion of this course, you will also be able to progress onto our PG Dip or MSc Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study the following modules on the PG Dip Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics:
- Core Concepts in Logistics, Operations and Supply Chain Management*
- The Finance of Supply Chain Management
- Global Procurement and Risk Management
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
- Regular optional meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesSupply Chain Management & Logistics International Business Transport Management View 8 other Masters in Transport Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
At University of Essex Online, we believe that everyone should be able to access education. That is why we offer two different entry routes onto our PG Cert Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics, which consider academic or work-based experience.English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
Work experience entry route (if not eligible see academic entry route)
You must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ senior level work experience within supply chain or logistics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3741 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3741 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
National3741 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3741 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
This fee excludes any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where applicable, the University is required to add the sales tax.
Our PG Cert Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics tuition fee includes all teaching materials and required reading, and there aren’t any hidden charges for assessments or resits.
- Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
- Full payment discount if you pay the full course fee upfront.
- A range of scholarships are available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria.**
- Postgraduate student loans are available in England for the full Masters degrees only.
Please note that you can only apply for a maximum of two discounts or scholarships.
** To find out whether you’re eligible for our scholarships contact University of Essex Online’s Admissions team.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.