The food supply chain faces a series of global issues concerning sustainability and innovation. This course encourages you to develop solutions to these real-world problems. You'll discover the importance of developing new ingredients and products for safe and wholesome foods and how to enhance sustainability and creativity within food supply chains.
The Master’s in Food Innovation with Industrial Practice from University of Greenwich draws from a broad range of areas. These include marketing and management, risk analysis for agriculture and environment, climate change, packaging, human nutrition and public health, food microbiology and biochemistry, food safety, and quality assurance.
What you should know about this course
- Combine study with practical elements for careers in product development science
- This two-year course includes an independent research project and a one-year internship
- You are responsible for securing your placement (with our help). But if this is not completed, you can still graduate with an award without industrial practice
- This course is taught at our Medway Campus in Kent.
- Risk Analysis for Agriculture and the Environment
- Environmental Footprinting and Climate Change
- Postgraduate Negotiated Learning Module
- Innovations in Food Packaging
- Applied Food Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Applied Food Microbiology
- Food Management
- Food Authenticity and Traceability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We have no formal deadlines for applications submitted to the university, however, you should make sure to apply as soon as possible
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Food Sciences View 151 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a relevant Bachelor's honours degree (UK equivalent) class 2:2 or above (or an overseas equivalent).
- If there is no degree relevant, a professional qualification and experience in the field of food science and technology may be acceptable.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10350 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.