Data Science with Applied Research from Ulster University aims to prepare students for a successful career as a data scientist or business analyst working in any profession where large amounts of data is collected, hence there is a need for skills in data acquisition, information extraction, aggregation and representation, data analysis, knowledge extraction and explanation. These type of skills are typically in high demand in IT business, security and health sectors, intelligent transport, energy efficiency and the creative industries.
A recent statement from Ulster University’s Careers Office indicates that Data analysts are in high demand across all sectors, such as finance, consulting, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, government and education. Data analysts can work in large companies such as the ‘big four’ consultancies or financial services firms, or consumer retail firms, small and medium sized businesses such as marketing agencies’ or the public sector.
- Data Science
Big Data and Infrastructure
Data Validation and Visualisation
Machine Learning and Data Modelling
Statistical Modelling and Data Mining
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 230 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
- A second class honours degree or better from a university of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, or from a recognised national awarding body, or from an institution of another country which has been recognised as being of an equivalent standard; or
- An equivalent standard (normally 50%) in a Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma or an approved alternative qualification; and the qualification must be in the subject areas of computing, engineering or related discipline
- Provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade C or equivalent).
- English Language Requirements
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15360 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6410 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and EU Settlement Status fees: £6410
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.