Computer Science (Applied Research) from Ulster University covers leading-edge subjects of programming, networks, sensor technologies, machine learning and statistical modelling—the most up to date topics in areas of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things.
The course is designed to meet the demand for a new kind of Computing Specialist who is able to both manage data, understand business process and implement solutions subsequently interconnecting them as part of a larger system. Graduates from the MSc Computer Science (Applied Research) will be well placed to progress into a wide variety of careers, across a range of industrial settings and application domains.
- Scalable Advanced Software Solutions
- Statistical Modelling & Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning and Its Application
- Big Data & Infrastructure
- Pervasive Computing
- IoT Networks & Security
- Knowledge Engineering & Computational Creativity
- Autonomic Computing & Robotics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 699 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A second class honours degree or better, in the subject areas of computing, engineering, mathematics or related discipline, from a university of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, or from a recognised national awarding body, or from an institution of another country which has been recognised as being of an equivalent standard; or
- An equivalent standard (normally 50%) in a Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma or an approved alternative qualification; and the qualification must be in the subject areas of computing, engineering, mathematics or related discipline;
- Provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade C or equivalent).
- English Language Requirements
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15360 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6410 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and EU Settlement Status fees: £6410
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.