Counselling Studies and Health Communication from Ulster University offers students an opportunity to learn about the conscious and unconscious psychological and biopsychosocial factors that underpin individual feelings, thoughts and behaviours across the lifespan, and within the context of the couple, the family and the group.
Previous students have developed their work activities in counselling, health communication and associated areas. Additionally, past students have used the programme themes to support their existing work.
- Human Growth and Transition
- The Counselling and Therapeutic Framework
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Humanistic Counselling Perspectives
- Psychodynamic Approaches
- Health Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline is normally 31st July. Late applications may be considered until 31st August. However, if possible applicants should apply before the July deadline.
DisciplinesCognitive Sciences Counselling Psychology View 78 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United Kingdom
- Hold an honours or non-honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent or demonstrate ability to undertake the course through the accreditation of prior experiential learning;
- Be currently employed in or have recent experience (within the last five years) of employment either professionally or voluntarily in a role involving the use of counselling skills;
- Attend for interview to show evidence of having the personal qualities necessary to undertake counselling training.
- English Language Requirements
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15360 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6410 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and EU Settlement Status fees: £6410
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.