During four semesters of Textile Engineering programme offered by University of Boras, the admittees will further develop their knowledge, skills and judgement in textile technology. The advanced level courses, with particular focus on textile materials technology, textile chemistry and textile product design follows an order and pedagogic means that enables both gradual and incremental inherent progression.
The syllabus follows a number of streaks. In all courses students work on their hand-on skills by assignments that involve experiments and characterization techniques. Also the students academic communication abilities are stressed as the requirements increase by every assignment.
The essence of textile technology is to maintain the textile nature, while adding functionality and smartness by various processes.
These processes have to handle the requirements posed by the textiles. Hence, the course contents emphasize the process context and also their sustainability issues and opportunities. Environmental concern is a major driver for the departments research activities. In particular during the second year the connection between programme students and departmental research activities is pronounced.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Textile Chemistry
- Organic and Physical Chemistry
- Fibre Technology
- Textile Electronics and Control Systems
- Advanced Finishing and Printing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 11 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree 180 credits, in textile engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- “Equivalent qualifications” means that the applicant should have completed a three-year engineering course including at least 15 credits in mathematics, 7.5 credits in chemistry (with at least half in organic chemistry), 7.5 credits in materials engineering (with at least half in polymer materials), and 15 credits in textile production methods.
International13273 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26547 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- 260,000 SEK full tuition fee.
- EU/EEA citizens and exchange students are not required to pay fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.