Advanced Nursing Practice from Ulster University is aimed at students who wish to develop a career as an advanced nurse practitioner. It is underpinned by the Advanced Nursing Practice Framework for Northern Ireland (DoH 2016). This co-produced programme has been designed to equip registered experienced nurses with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and competencies to make a meaningful contribution to patient care in a safe and professional manner.
The unique commissioning arrangement within Northern Ireland means that students undertaking the MSc Advanced Nursing Practice are commissioned by their employer to a Band 7 Advanced Nurisng Practice Trainee post. On successful completion of this course, they are eligible to apply for a Band 8a Advanced Nursing Practitioner post. Graduates of this course are also eligible to apply for PhD study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Methods in Research and Development in Health and Social Care
- Transforming Practice Through Person-Centred Collective Leadership
- Advanced Nursing Practice in Primary Care
- Advanced Nursing Practice in Adult Medicine and Older People Care 1
- Advanced Nursing Practice in Children's Nursing
- Managing key emergency respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and trauma presentations
- Advanced Nursing Practice in Mental Health
- Assessing and Managing People Presenting to Emergency Care with less common conditions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1688 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants will have a degree [with at least 2ii Honours standard] or equivalent or demonstrate their ability to undertake the programme through the accreditation of prior experiential learning.
- Have live registration as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in a relevant field of practice
- Have successfully completed a non-medical prescribing / nurse and midwife prescribing (v300) course
- Provide confirmation of an Access NI check within the last three years
- Have agreement of their employing organisation to ensure that appropriate governance arrangements are in place
- Provide confirmation of the availability of an appropriately qualified clinical practice supervisor
- English Language Requirements
International14910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14910 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6270 GBP per year during 24 months.
- The fees indicated are for full-time study.
- The price of your overall programme will be determined by the number of modules in the relevant academic year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.