Applied Psychology - Mental Health and Psychological Therapies (part-time) from Ulster University trains and equips students wishing to:
- Become more employable for positions in the public and private sector (such as Assistant/Associate Psychologist posts, Research Assistant/Analyst post);
- Enter further professional training in Clinical, Counselling, Educational or Forensic Psychology;
- Pursue PhD research in the area of mental health.
Currently, our graduating students are successful in acquiring Assistant Psychologist positions, which with experience is allowing people to apply for Associate Psychologist positions. Others are successful in gaining entry onto Professional Doctorate programmes in Clinical, Counselling and Educational Psychology. Our graduates also secure posts in research and PhD scholarships in Psychology across the UK and Ireland.
- Advanced Research Methods in Applied Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health
- Adult Mental Health
- Family Therapy and Systemic Practice
- Professional Issues
- Professional Issues for Practitioners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 840 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Applicants must hold at least a 2:1 degree in Psychology, which confers eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership with the British Psychological Society (BPS) or the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI).
- Those with a 2:2 are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to those who have some additional relevant clinical experience to add to their CV.
- All applicants, regardless of qualifications, are advised to use the space provided in the personal statement/additional information section of the online application process, to provide detail on any experience that may be relevant to studying an MSc in Applied Psychology.
- English Language Requirements
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15360 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6410 GBP per year during 24 months.
- The fees indicated are for full-time study.
- The price of your overall programme will be determined by the number of modules in the relevant academic year.
Living costs for Coleraine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.