Art Psychotherapy from Ulster University combines experiential learning, clinical placements, seminars, and studio practices. Art psychotherapy trainees also attend clinical supervision to support their learning and professional development within a variety of practicum settings.
Within the current context in health and social care, entrepreneurial skills are also needed, and most art psychotherapists start their career on a self-employed basis and establish art therapy provision in a wide variety of settings.
- Art Psychotherapy: Theory and Practice
- Art Psychotherapy: Development of Theory and Practice
- Art Psychotherapy: Practicum
- Art Psychotherapy: Working with Diversity
- Art Psychotherapy: Continuing Professional Responsibility
- Art Psychotherapy: Praxis and Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Psychology Art History View 829 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ulster University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An honours degree in either visual arts, psychology, psychotherapy, social work, nursing, teaching, social care, or an allied profession.
- A commitment to reflective arts practices facilitating personal insight and an artistic repertoire of self enquiry. If invited for interview, a portfolio of six artworks demonstrating proficiency in a range of arts media will be requested.
- A 1000 hours of work experience in a helping capacity in either mental health, arts and health, social care, social work, special education, or a counselling setting. Paid or voluntary work is acceptable.
- Applicants are requested to demonstrate self-awareness, psychological mindedness, emotional resilience, robustness, and the capacity to be empathetic.
- All applicants are asked to demonstrate a level of English necessary for the completion of academic assignments.
International15360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15360 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6270 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Northern Ireland, Great Britain and EU fees: £6,270
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.