This programme integrates the most recent advances in fields likeparasitology, ecology, immunology, and molecularepidemiology, and is taught by researchers with many years of field expertise.
In the Biomedical Sciences - Infectious and Tropical Diseases programme offered at University of Antwerp , you acquire a good understanding of variousaspects of host-parasite interaction. You also learn torecognise patterns in the epidemiology of (tropical) diseasesas well as to link them to ecological conditions. This way youlearn to evaluate or propose strategies for disease control.
A Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences offers you manycareer opportunities. About 30% of graduates find PhDpositions at one of the participating research institutes inAntwerp or abroad. Some graduates have been selected forprestigious PhD programmes at leading schools in Europeand the US.In general, as a graduate you will work in/as:
- Fundamental research in the various areas of infectious
- and tropical diseases, epidemiology and drug research
- at universities and research institutes;
- Research and development in the pharmaceutical
- Policy and management positions in science, industry
- and the healthcare sector;
- Clinical Research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Concepts of Protein Technology and Applications
- Genome Technology and Applications
- Laboratory Animal Science (core module)
- Preclinical Drug Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 8 other Masters in Biomedicine in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To start in the Master of Biomedical Sciences you need to have obtained a Bachelor of Science (minimum 180 ECTS credits) in the field of life sciences with a strong focus on biomedical sciences, and proven knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and
- Cell Biology. Basic knowledge of Microbiology, Immunology and Epidemiology is also required.
- If your degree was not issued by a recognised educational institution in Belgium or the Netherlands, you will also have to provide evidence of your level of English.
- You can do this in two ways:
- by proving that you took classes in English for at least one
- academic year during your Bachelor or Master degree. The
- selection committee may require additional proof of your
- command of English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA980 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 980 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.