- Unique in combining political economy and comparative politics with the study of the Middle East.
- Enables students to analyse the politics and economics of the Middle East from a variety of different perspectives.
- Located in one of the globally leading Departments on the study of politics and economics.
- Provides a strong theoretical and methodological foundation in the social sciences.
- Develop your critical and communication skills by presenting and disseminating research in written and oral forms, to classmates, tutors, and the wider academic community.
- Opportunity to study Arabic, Turkish, Farsi or Hebrew through King’s Modern Language Centre.
- Enables students to explore political economy themes through specialist modules in the Department of Political Economy.
- Vibrant Middle East research community at King's College London.
- Located in the heart of London, the Department of Political Economy has a strong reputation for research-led teaching and links to industry.
This Politics and Economics of the Middle East MA at King's College London provides you with the enhanced skills and qualifications which will allow you to excel in future employment and research in an increasingly important field. Our students have transferred the skills they have developed to careers in development organisations, the corporate or financial sector, the diplomatic service, international NGOs, civil society organisations or journalism. Some students have gone on to further research at King's College London.
- The Political Economy of Authoritarianism in the Middle East
- People, Protest and Mobilisation: Exploring Social Movement Theory
- Islam, Politics and Society
- Cities and Social Transformations in the Middle East
- Sectarianism in the Middle East
- Comparative Political Economy
- Gender, Politics and Public Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Area & Cultural Studies Political Science View 642 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:1 honours undergraduate degree in such an appropriate subject as politics, economics, international relations, political economy and Middle Eastern studies. Candidates who do not achieve a 2:1 but have professional or voluntary experience will also be considered. Mature candidates will be considered favourably.
- A personal statement is required. (maximum 4,000 characters)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International25950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14070 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14070 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part time Home fees: £7,035 per year
- Part time overseas fees: £12,975 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.