The Pharmaceutical Analysis, Technology and Biopharmaceuticals MSc course at King's College London will allow you to gain the knowledge, practical and research skills that apply in all areas of pharmaceutical sciences covering the principles of pharmaceutical analysis, pharmaceutical regulatory affair and formulation of liquid and solid pharmaceutical products, which you will need for a career in the pharmaceutical industry, research institute or biotech. You will also be given the opportunity to specialized in the area of advanced pharmaceutical analysis, quality control and regulatory affair, advanced pharmaceutical technologies or advanced biopharmaceutical innovations.
- We are ranked 13th in the world for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020).
- Well-equipped laboratories give you lots of ‘hands-on’ time for a range of modern techniques and instruments.
- Located in the centre of London in an institute that is renowned for its international research profile.
- Opportunity to undertake an extended 6 months project of your choosing in the labs of internationally- rated scientists.
- Complementary attendance to a Joint Pharmaceutical and Analysis Group symposium at the Royal Society of Chemistry in London to meet with leading scientists from major pharmaceutical industries, regulatory bodies and to hear the latest discussions on pharmaceutical analysis and regulatory hot topics.
- A wide range of career options including pharmaceutical companies, biotech industries, regulatory bodies and research.
With plenty of practical sessions, you’ll learn to use the same techniques and equipment you’ll use in your professional career. And working alongside our researchers, you’ll have the cutting-edge knowledge you need to succeed. Combine that with opportunities to networking with top scientists and you have a winning combination for a promising career start.
During the course, you can choose to focus on advanced pharmaceutical analysis, quality control and regulatory affairs, advanced pharmaceutical technologies or advanced biopharmaceutical innovations. While you’ll have the skills to work in a range of areas, your specialist knowledge will help you if you decide to explore a specific career route.
- Principles of Drug Delivery & Biopharmaceuticals
- Principles of Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Research Methods & Skills
- Advanced Biopharmaceutical Innovations
- Advanced Formulation Techniques
- Advanced Pharmaceutical Analytical Technologies, Quality Control & Regulatory Affairs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Pharmacy Biochemistry View 119 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:1 first degree (or equivalent) in a Chemistry or Biochemistry-related discipline.
- A personal statement is required. (maximum 4,000 characters)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic. Professional references will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago.
- You may also wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of your application.
International29310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29310 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14070 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14070 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.