The Master of Science in International Addiction Studies (IPAS) course at King's College London is a unique collaboration of three of the world's leading research universities in the field of Addiction Science:
- The Institute of Psychiatry Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) at King's College London,
- the University of Adelaide, and
- Virginia Commonwealth University.
- A unique programme that focuses on the similar international trends in policy, global epidemiology of substance-related morbidity and mortality, and evidence-based treatment and prevention practices.
- Exclusive online access to lectures produced exclusively for the course by International experts in the addictions field.
- Course members are considered students of all three universities concurrently with access to all online resources available from each of the partners.
- You will receive personalised support from our dedicated module leaders throughout the course.
- Course graduates will receive a triple-badge diploma jointly conferred by the three teaching institutions.
Graduates from this programme have taken leadership roles in clinical settings, working as drug workers, substance misuse nurse specialists, psychologists, addiction psychiatrists and managers of addiction services.
Our graduates have also taken policy positions in national and international organisations, while others have undertaken further academic research and gone on to complete a PhD or a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Basis of Addictions
- Public Health Issues and Approaches to Addiction
- Treatment of Addiction: Pharmacotherapies
- Treatment of Addiction: Psychosocial Interventions
- Treatment of Addiction: Critical Issues
- Addiction Policy
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health International Development Counselling View 131 other Masters in Counselling in United Kingdom
- Students from outside the US must have qualified for an honours degree (level 2A or 1) or professional bachelor degree in an appropriate field of study at a recognised tertiary institution, or have a bachelor’s degree plus at least five years’ related professional work experience. US students should have completed a 4-year bachelor's degree in an appropriate field of study.
- Students must have good academic references
- Students must have access to reliable internet and be computer literate
International32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32400 USD per year during 12 months.
National32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32400 USD per year during 12 months.
- Part time Home fees: MSc USD $14,000 (first year) USD $18,000 (2nd year)
- Part time overseas fees: MSc USD $14,000 (first year) USD $18,000 (2nd year)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.