This Environmental Science for Sustainability programme at King's College London will enable you to learn skills that are actively sought by employers as environmental science training is now critical to ensure environmental sustainability across all industries. You will also get the opportunity to tailor your studies to your particular career and/or research interests.
- Enjoy a leading programme from a world class university that is highly practical providing training laboratory skills, computer skills and field skills
- Establish a cutting edge understanding of the environmental science needed to evaluate environmental sustainability and change critically and to identify appropriate solutions and their societal and business implications.
- Learn quantitative research skills including Geographical Information Systems (GIS), remote sensing, modelling and monitoring, applied to environmental sustainability.
- Offers a flexible and blended approach to learning enabling you to fit the programme around other commitments and maximises the use of class time for critical engagement, discussion and reflection.
- Develop independent critical judgment in identifying, analysing and solving problems at an advanced level guidance by world-leading academics and practitioners.
- The programme also offers an internship module* that can be taken in-person or online with one of more than 60 environmental organisations
- Complement technical skills with highly employable skills in communication, data analysis and interpretation, evidence-based decision making, practical problem-solving, leadership, and team working.
- Learn sustainability science in a sustainable way - King’s College London is fully divested from all fossil fuel investment, the Department of Geography has been awarded gold status by the National Union of Students (NUS) Green Impact scheme for its commitment to sustainability, and the Geography Lab also being awarded Gold in the Laboratory Efficiency Assessment Framework (LEAF).
Graduates from the Environmental Science For Sustainability are well suited to secure careers in local government, the private sector, national and international environmental and development NGOs, as well as in public or private research institutions. Skills developed could be applied to careers in environmental management, in regulatory, compliance or consulting settings.
Future careers could see you in the field of environmental sustainability in environmental and social governance units of private sector organisations. You could also be moving on to doctoral research in a broad range of environmental science-related topics.
- Environmental Field and Lab Techniques for Sustainability
- Environmental Science for Sustainability
- Methods for Environmental Data Analysis
- Research Design and Project Management
- Earth Observation and Remote Sensing for Sustainability
- GIS and Spatial Data Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences View 156 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at King's College London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 2:1 degree with preference given to geography, natural sciences (such as environmental science, physics, chemistry and biology) and engineering subjects.
- Candidates who do not achieve a 2:1 but have professional or voluntary experience will also be considered. The Admissions Office will process these applications with support from the Admissions Tutor.
- Please provide a writing sample of around 500 words, answering the required questions.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International24660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11040 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK part time: £5,520 per year
- International part time: £12,330 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.