In the Double Masters in Asian and International Affairs programme at King's College London, you will develop an advanced understanding of societies in Asia, and you will explore how their shifting relations with the US and the EU are currently transforming international politics and the global economy.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of inter-regional dynamics that are transforming Asia and the wider world.
- Gain a sensitivity to social, cultural and political differences that are greatly valued by employers.
- Study at two of the world's most prestigious universities, in two of the world's most dynamic cities (one year in Beijing, one year in London). King’s College London is ranked 15th in the world, and 5th in Europe, for the study of politics and international relations by the 2020 QS World University Rankings, and Renmin University is ranked 4th in China for the same subject area.
- Learn from world-leading scholars who contributed greatly to King’s College London being ranked first in the United Kingdom for research power in the field of politics and international relations in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- Possibility of learning Chinese contributes to employability.
Recent graduates from our department have gone on to prestigious positions, including in UK government departments such as the Foreign Office, Department for International Development, Department for International Trade, and the Treasury; global governance bodies such as the World Bank, United Nations, the World Federation of Exchanges, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the African Development Bank and the International Telecommunication Union; major business media organisations such as Argus and Bloomberg.
- Contemporary Chinese Politics
- Asia-Pacific Security and Strategy
- Basic Chinese Language
- Asia-Pacific Energy Cooperation
- Theories of International Relations
- Nations and Nationalism in East Asia
- Contemporary Chinese History and Culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 521 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- Bachelors degree with 2.1 honours in a relevant subject area.
- A personal statement is required. (maximum 4,000 characters)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application
International21630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21630 GBP per year during 24 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.