Furthermore, the Water and Environmental Engineering MSc program from Khalifa University gives candidates the opportunity to deepen their knowledge in one of two specialization tracks of WEE, namely Water and Environmental Technologies or Water and Environmental Resources, and contribute to the process of discovery and knowledge creation through the conduct of original research. Candidates for this degree are taught and supervised by experienced faculty and are expected to demonstrate initiative in their approach and innovation in their work. In addition to successfully completing the taught course component of the program, candidates prepare and present a thesis on their chosen area. Research may be undertaken in several topics corresponding to the areas of focus identified by the University.
In arid regions like the UAE, strategies for securing sustainable supplies of freshwater and efficient water treatment, delivery, and use are critical factors for enabling the region’s development. Equipping its students to tackle both local and global environmental challenges, the Water and Environmental Engineering MSc program from Khalifa University aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the compromise between sustainable development, the protection of the environment, and access to clean water. The program allows students to develop core quantitative skills of leadership, water technologies, and water resources management. All of these skills pertain to careers in the public or the private sector.
- Chemicals in the Environment: Fate and Transport
- Industrial Ecology
- Data Analysis for Environmental Modeling
- Selected Topics in Water and Environmental Engineering
- Global Climate Change: Impacts and Adaptation
- Hydrologic Analysis
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Climate Studies & Meteorology View 3 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution).
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.