The Sustainable Critical Infrastructure MSc program from Khalifa University is designed to develop core capabilities, through the integration of coursework and research that is critical to the region. Urban development will continue globally while the requirements for reducing its ecological footprint and carbon emissions in particular will be increasingly more aggressive. The Sustainable Critical Infrastructure (SCIN) Program aims at advancing research and education in integrated sustainable infrastructure development. The program is addressed to architects, urban planners and civil engineers, as well as engineers and building scientists interested in infrastructure planning.
- The Sustainable Critical Infrastructure MSc program from Khalifa University will meet its overarching goal to educate its graduates professionally and ethically to be valuable professionals in the UAE and internationally with disciplinary preparation to guide and lead the design of integrated urban infrastructure systems for new or existing developments with careful examination of environmental, social and financial requirements.
- The career prospects for students from the SCIN program include but not limited to urban planners, urban designers, transportation planners, city managers, community development, sustainability consultant in public, private, and non-profit sectors.
- Transportation Systems Analysis: Demand and Economics
- Urban Design for Sustainability: Theory and Practice
- Management of Infrastructure Systems
- Sustainable Building Science: Fundamentals, Tools, and Applications
- Infrastructure Finance
- Planning Theory, Practice, and Ethics
- Geographic Information Systems
- Infrastructure and Development
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Urban Planning View 6 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution).
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.