Candidates for this Biomedical Engineering MSc program offered at Khalifa University are taught and supervised by experienced faculty and are expected to demonstrate initiative in their approach and innovation in their work. In addition to successfully completing the taught course component of the program, candidates prepare and present a thesis on their chosen area. Research may be undertaken in several topics corresponding to the areas of focus identified by the University.
- Graduates from the Biomedical Engineering MSc program offered at Khalifa University, will be equipped with solid engineering principles, in conjunction with know-hows in the frontiers of medical and biological sciences. As students, during their MSc in BMED studies were given opportunities to perform research in one of the core BME disciplines including Computational Bioengineering; Biomechanics; Regenerative Medicine; RNA Post-Transcriptional Modifications (Epitranscriptome), Molecular Medicine; Biomaterials; Biosignal Processing; Bioinformatics; Computational Neuroscience and Genomics. Hence, many career opportunities emerge. The latter include areas such as in telemedicine; sports medicine; bio-robotics; medical informatics; stem cell biology; system biology; artificial organ; drug delivery; and biosensors.
- The new graduates will lead in the design and development of advanced equipment, electronic devices, biomolecular systems, as well as software used in healthcare and medical devices. They will be research engineers, AI in health experts, application specialists and biopharmaceutics scientists in several emerging sectors of biomedical, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, including medical instrumentations; clinical engineering; protein engineering; rehabilitation engineering; drug manufacturing and AI-based medical informatics. Furthermore, graduates go through rigorous training and research experience to help them pursue their studies at PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physiological Systems
- Experimental Biochemistry
- Innovation and Creativity in Technology Organizations
- Multivariate Statistics and Data Analysis
- Physiological Control Systems
- Advanced Rehabilitation Engineering
- Clinical Pathology
- Molecular Genetics & Genome Technologies
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 3 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution).
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National20052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.