This two-year Masters at the Northumbria University will allow graduates from any undergraduate subject to build on their experience in a caring role, and graduate with NMC Registration. Studying within the requirements of the new NMC standards means that you will be prepared for rapid career progression within Children and Young People's Nursing, especially when combined with the high-level attributes that you will acquire as a Northumbria postgraduate.
You will study partially at our Coach Lane Campus, and partially on placement, with both strands running alongside each other to give you an integrated approach to theory and practice. You will study within the standard university semester system, allowing time during the Easter and summer breaks for additional projects and internships – or simply a well-earned rest.
- The Nursing Science Registered Nurse (Child) course will lead directly to Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), under the new Standards, which will allow you to start and quickly progress in your nursing career.
- The NMC’s ‘Future Nurse’ change programme seeks to drive forward changes in the profession, and we have embedded research, leadership and advanced practice strands throughout the course to equip you to play a key role in those future developments.
- You will graduate as an accountable professional who has the knowledge and skills to promote health and prevent ill health; assess, plan, provide, co-ordinate and evaluate care; lead and manage nursing care and work in teams; and improve safety and quality of care.
- At Northumbria we have long-standing strong relationships with our partnership Trusts, and we have developed this new course in close collaboration with them as well as with a wide range of experts by experience. This will ensure that the course prepares you for practice in exactly the way employers are seeking, so that you benefit from our consistently high employment rates.
- Applied Life Science for Children and Young Person's Nursing
- Promoting Health and Preventing Ill Health in Children and Young People's Nursing
- Assessing and planning for complex on-going needs in Children and Young Person's
- Nursing Practice Module 1: Becoming a Safe, Caring Professional (Adult) (Child) (Learning Disability)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students are advised to apply early to secure your place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1771 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree or equivalent in any subject, and GCSEs at Grade 4 (Grade C) or above in English Language and Mathematics.
- Other subject qualifications, equivalent professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview. Following interview, applicants will be asked to complete an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) document to provide evidence of undertaking a minimum of 500 hours of occupational or voluntary care work, and a minimum of 700 hours of appropriate theoretical learning and understanding, which can be evidenced from a previous degree and practice.
- Admission is subject to a suitable DBS Enhanced Certificate and a satisfactory health check. Applicants must meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council's suitability for registration requirements.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.