You will be given the opportunity to explore responses to such challenges within a dynamic framework of politics, law and ethics . You will learn to consider what is possible. In order to discuss the questions of what can be done, versus what ought to be done.We will give focus to the relationship between international and national interests. The programme will allow you to understand conflict and security as a policy challenge. You will be able to recognise the increasing degree of interdependence between states, international organisations and non-state actors in governing this area of international relations.You will also analyse the ways in which security, development and humanitarian agents adapt to instability.
This programme at the Northumbria University gives you the opportunity to study regionally differentiated responses to international conflict, across different countries and nations.
The MA International Relations, Conflict and Security is designed to give you a firm grounding in theoretical and professional development.
You will graduate with a wide range of transferable skills that will enable you to work in a range of conflict and security analysis related contexts.
You will be particularly suited to careers as;
- political/policy analysts
- program/development officers
- risk analysts
- advocacy/outreach officers journalists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Challenges in Conflict and Security
- Conflict and Security Governance
- International Law and Global Justice
- Theorising International Relations, Conflict and Security
- Social Sciences Postgraduate Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 150 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in any subject, or equivalent.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 6 in each component (or approved equivalent*).
International9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Full UK Fee: EUR 9,450
- Full EU Fee: EUR 9,450
- Full International Fee: TBC
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.