Students have the opportunity to study at an interdisciplinary program situated in a major research university at the Stem Cell Institute featuring a large, interdisciplinary, world-renowned faculty. The University of Minnesota has a long-standing commitment to discovery in the field of biology and research.
This Stem Cell Biology program of the University of Minnesota is an excellent preparation for work in academic and bioscience industry settings.
Students will be provided with:
- An excellent educational and research experience.
- An opportunity to interact with faculty on a broad range of cutting-edge research topics in Stem Cell Biology.
- Hands-on training to learn techniques for conducting research in the lab of a Stem Cell Biology program faculty member.
- Exposure to the national and international stem cell biology research community through seminars and symposia.
- Stem Cell Biology
- Molecular Genetics and Genomics
- Molecular Biology of DNA
- Molecular Biology of RNA
- Advanced Cell Biology and Development
- Mammalian Gene Transfer and Genome Engineering
- 16 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 496 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- B.S., B.A., or foreign equivalent in biological sciences or a related field.
- An operational standard of 3.20 GPA or better (on a 4-point scale) at the undergraduate level.
- GRE taken in the last three (3) years. View recent guidance about at-home testing options from ETS.
- English language proficiency: TOEFL score (obtained within two (2) years), with a minimum of 22 on each of the reading and listening sections, 26 on the speaking, and 24 on the writing is preferred.
- IELTS is an acceptable alternative with a preferred score of 7.0 over all (with not less than 6.5 in each of the four components).
International29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 16 months.
National29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 16 months.
In-State19754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19754 USD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.