This MSc Mental Health Practice from University of the West of Scotland is designed to facilitate a flexible approach to learning in order to accommodate your busy working life.
Most of the modules on this programme are open for standalone study and you can choose one of them as a taster for both the programme and for MSc level study.
- Leadership for Mental Health
- Therapeutic Skills for Mental Health
- Education for Mental Health
Our aim is to provide an enjoyable and intellectually stimulating course of study that will further develop your career in the care of people experiencing mental ill health. This includes:
Mental health nurses Occupational therapists Social workers Paramedics
- Core Values in Mental Health Practice
- The Supervisory Process
- Changing Mental Health Services
- Independent Study: Mental Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International- The latest we can process your application is 6 weeks before the course start date
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 842 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have a professional background and be working within environments where mental ill health is a determinant on client outcome. You will need an identified workplace supervisor and a supportive manager to assist you across the duration of the course.
- You must also have a relevant Ordinary bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification at SCQF Level 9 (i.e. Graduate Certificate in Acute Care) normally within the past five years and have a command of current, evidenced based knowledge within your chosen subject.
- Consideration will be given if you have an Ordinary bachelor's degree in a related topic or gained your degree several years ago where continued further development in knowledge through postgraduate studies would demonstrate currency in certified learning, at the discretion of the Course Leader.
International10765 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10765 GBP per year during 36 months.
National6500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 GBP per year during 36 months.
For Scottish students, cost of study per year is 6,500£
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.