The cutting edge of the application of mathematics in industry combines modelling, analysis and interpretation using methods from applied mathematics and the rapidly growing area of data science. This Mathematics with Data Science for Industry course from University of Bath is for you if you're interested in applying maths, statistics and computer science to solve complex problems in industry.
- Study a wide range of taught units in applied maths techniques, mathematical modelling, data science, machine learning and scientific communication.
- Gain real-world experience from group projects with other students and the opportunity to work on a project with one of our industrial partners.
- Projects and modules benefit from our research specialisms, including industrial applied maths, probability, scientific computing, machine learning, dynamical systems, asymptotics, imaging, modelling of waves and fluids, and mathematical biology.
Working with industry
A key element of the course is the opportunity to work on a real project with one of our industry partners. This may include some time based at an external company. Some of our current industry partners include the Met Office, Barclays, Emerson Roxar and Raytheon. Industry projects give direct experience of the problem solving process, including:
- Identifying the problem and translating it into mathematical language
- Processing and analysing relevant data
- Solving the mathematical problem
- Communicating the results to the client
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical modelling for industry
- Principles of industrial collaboration and problem solving
- Machine learning
- Industrial applications of mathematics
- Collaborative industrial research
- Statistical modelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 262 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a first or strong second-class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in mathematics, physics or engineering.
- We will also consider those with an undergraduate degree in other disciplines provided there is a substantial mathematical component.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.