On completion of this course you will be able to demonstrate:
- a critical understanding of research-based sustainability literature across a range of disciplines
- comprehension of the relationships between theory and practice in the field of sustainability
- thorough and in-depth understanding of key debates relating to environmental challenges, and the resilience and adaptability of human systems.
- detailed and comprehensive understanding of current issues across disciplines within the theme of sustainability studies
The Sustainable Futures course from University of Bath aims to prepare you for a career as a professional researcher in either an academic or non-academic environment by developing your core research skills. You will be encouraged to review and critically evaluate approaches to research and their application, and to identify and investigate your own original research questions.
Recognition of professional qualifications
As well as being recognised as a higher academic qualification, a number of our degrees are also accredited by professional bodies in the United Kingdom. An accredited degree may entitle you to work in a specific profession within the UK, and abroad (where there are reciprocating arrangements with professional bodies in other countries).
The requirements to practise a profession vary from country to country. If you wish to practise your profession outside the United Kingdom, you are advised to confirm that the UK professional qualification you seek is valid in the country in which you are intending to work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced interdisciplinary research design (collaboratively delivered unit)
- Contemporary debates in sustainability (collaboratively delivered unit)
- Research apprenticeship project (MRes)
- Qualitative methods
- Principles and skills of social research
- Environmental and resource economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy View 139 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate social sciences subject such as psychology, sociology, geography, policy studies or socio-legal studies.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 24 months.
National2300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.