As part of this MSc in Applied Clinical Psychology from University of Bath, you will gain an up-to-date knowledge of clinical psychology theory and practice, including research.
What you'll study
You will study different ways of understanding mental health problems in adults and children, and share insights into relevant theories and the latest practice models applicable to the UK.
You will be introduced to the foundation skills of clinical psychology practice, including interviewing, observation and psychometric assessment.
You will also learn about research in healthcare, looking at issues such as research design, governance and ethical considerations before going on to conduct your own piece of research.
Studying this course will set you up with the knowledge and professional skills to move into a range of health service and research careers. It is particularly good preparation for work as an assistant psychologist, and a foundation for further postgraduate training or research in clinical psychology.
This course is not professionally accredited and will not provide you with a licence to practise.
- Fundamentals of clinical and health psychology
- Fundamentals of clinical psychology practice
- Professional skills development
- Advanced research methods for applied psychology
- Applied clinical psychology dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 306 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in psychology.
- Your degree must be recognised by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as providing Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC).
- If you do not have an undergraduate degree in psychology, we will consider applicants who have successfully completed a BPS accredited Masters conversion degree.
- In your application, you will need to provide a max. 500 word personal statement which should explain:
- (a) why you are interested in studying for an MSc in Applied Clinical Psychology and the interests and skills you particularly hope to develop on the course and
- (b) your research experience to date
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.