It will deepen your critical understanding of the issues facing sport and physical activity both in the UK and around the world.
Taking a practical, research based approach, the course will give you the opportunity to analyse examples of best practice, develop understanding of the latest leadership techniques and undertake research into an industry based project of your choice.
As a global industry, sport and physical activity offers opportunities all over the world. For those ambitious, current industry professionals who are looking to enhance their career and take the first step into a sport and physical activity leadership position, this is the course for you.
Why choose this Sport and Physical Activity (Executive Leadership)MA course at University of Bedfordshire?
- Develop an advanced understanding of executive leadership and consider its application to organisations in sport and physical activity
- Reflect upon current approaches to organisational leadership in order to develop and implement new, creative and innovative approaches that engage people into sport and physical activity participation
- Gain the necessary personal competencies and subject expertise to become a theoretically informed reflective practitioner
- Benefit from our links with Sport England, Governing Bodies, Active Partnerships, employers and European Partners to further develop your personal and professional network
- Use your employment setting to investigate and analyse real industry problems and develop your ability to develop solutions
- Undertake a semester long research project on a topic of your choice within your employed environment
- Study using range of learning activities, including lectures, seminars, online learning, action learning and tutorials
- Learn from a team who have a wide range of expertise and experience in specific subject areas such as sport, leisure and physical activity
- Gain insights from industry experts through the seminar series coordinated by the Institute of Sport and Physical Activity Research (ISPAR)
- Behavioural Science And Public Health
- Contemporary Sports Policy
- Critical Issues In Sport And Physical Activity
- Leadership Principles And Practice
- Reflection And Biography For Sport Leaders
- Research Methods For Sport, Physical Activity And Education
- Sport And Physical Activity Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management Leadership View 142 other Masters in Leadership in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bedfordshire and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
- To apply for a place on a postgraduate course (MA/MSc/MBA) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good first degree and the required English language qualification
- To apply for a postgraduate degree (MA/MSc/MBA/LLM) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution.
- We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience.
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £8,250 .
Living costs for Bedford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.