This International Development with Economics course from University of Bath addresses the contemporary challenges of global development, utilising core economic concepts, theories and methods. Rooted in real-world practical and policy challenges, the course is founded on Bath’s longstanding engagement in international development and applied economic analysis. It uses innovative learning approaches to promote in-depth investigation of cases and issues, drawing links across global, regional, national and local scales. We offer you the opportunity of a placement-based research project, providing hands-on experience to complement campus-based learning.
The course is ideal if you’re a recent graduate who wants to pursue a career in international development as an economic analyst. It is also suitable if you’re an established professional wishing to deepen your knowledge and critical understanding of international development from an economics and broader social science perspective.
You will leave the course with:
- in-depth and interdisciplinary understanding of the theories and concepts that underpin contemporary global development issues
- a critical understanding of economic theory and development policy and practice, including from the perspective of heterodox and social economics
- practical skills in research, policy analysis and communications, and their application in the field of international development
- rich experience of working with people from a wide range of disciplinary, professional and national backgrounds
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and theory of international development
- Doing research for international development
- Optional unit
- Economics for international development
- Either Dissertation or Practicum
- Global political economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics International Development Sustainable Development View 509 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as politics, economics, anthropology, international relations, African, Latin American or South East Asian Studies or environmental studies.
- We will also consider graduates with an undergraduate degree in other subjects where you have relevant professional experience in international development.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English Language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5350 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.