Whether you are a graduate aiming to make a difference in the world, or a professional wishing to deepen your knowledge and critical thinking, this part-time MSc in International Development, Social Justice and Sustainability from University of Bath is for you.
What you'll learn
You will explore the political, economic and social forces that promote and prevent social and environmental justice around the world. These include people’s struggles for wellbeing and sustainability and the visions that inspire them; and the roles of state, society and market actors. Transcending geographical binaries of Global North and South, you will consider areas of complementarity and trade-off between economic development, human wellbeing and environmental sustainability.
This specialist master’s combines skills and knowledge of international development with an in-depth focus on social justice, wellbeing and sustainability. Innovative learning approaches promote investigation of particular cases and issues drawing out connections and contradictions between different actors, analytical perspectives and across global, regional, national, and local scales.
The course provides you with the opportunity to apply what you have learned in a placement leading to a work-based project.
This course provides an excellent grounding for careers in social, economic and environmental justice in both global North and global South. It provides the core skills required in a range of policy, communication, advocacy, research and programmatic roles. These may also be used to support social movements, foster corporate social responsibility, promote social enterprise or advance regulatory activities by government or the third sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and theory of international development
- Doing research for international development
- Social and environmental justice
- The politics and practice of sustainability and wellbeing
- Management of international development
- Global political economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics International Development Sustainable Development View 316 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as politics, economics, anthropology, international relations, African, Latin American or South East Asian Studies or environmental studies.
- We will also consider graduates with an undergraduate degree in other subjects where you have relevant professional experience in international development.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English Language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5350 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.