On completion of this Global Political Economy course from University of Bath you will have a deepened, interdisciplinary understanding of social science discourses and methods for analysing global processes of change, both generally and in specified policy areas.
You will also be knowledgeable on key contributions to thinking about social, economic and political aspects of the planet as an interdependent social system, and will have an understanding of how global and national policy processes interact.
The course aims to equip you for a career as a professional researcher in an academic or non-academic environment by developing your core research skills. You'll be encouraged to review and critically evaluate approaches to research and their application, and to identify and investigate your own original research questions.
Recognition of professional qualifications
As well as being recognised as a higher academic qualification, a number of our degrees are also accredited by professional bodies in the United Kingdom. An accredited degree may entitle you to work in a specific profession within the UK, and abroad (where there are reciprocating arrangements with professional bodies in other countries).
The requirements to practise a profession vary from country to country. If you wish to practise your profession outside the United Kingdom, you are advised to confirm that the UK professional qualification you seek is valid in the country in which you are intending to work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced interdisciplinary research design (collaboratively delivered unit)
- Research apprenticeship project (MRes)
- Qualitative methods
- Principles and skills of social research
- Global transformations: issues and trajectories (collaboratively delivered unit)
- Either Econometrics for economics and finance or Quantitative methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Political Science View 507 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in economics, history, geography, sociology, international relations or politics.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.