Critical economics, ecoysystems and socio-spacial phenomena.
With Corvinus’ Regional and Environmental Economic Studies MSc you will gain a deeper understanding of the connection between major economic decisions taken regarding our environment and their possible impact on our ecosystem. Join our practice-oriented training with an employee-friendly class schedule and get to know the latest trends in urban, regional and rural development that can shift the environmental challenges we are facing today.
Corvinus is the most popular training place in Hungary for this degree as it is the only registered Hungarian AESOP training programme (Association of European Schools of Planning), placed 36th in the global EDUNIVERSAL ranking in 2019.
With our excellent professors, as well as national and international guest lecturers, you will learn how development policy planning works, how can sustainability be achieved in the corporate world and how innovative economic decisions can aid society in the fight against climate change.
You will have the opportunity to join mentoring programmes with external partners, which will widen your perspective on the latest environmental issues and solutions available. You will have two options for specialisation: in “Climate and Sustainability” and “Urban and Regional Development”.
Career options include:
- Climate Policy and Development Policy Consultant
- Environmental Auditor
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- Development Policy Manager
To enquire, speak to a member of our International Student Recruitment Team or to apply, follow the link: https://international-application.uni-corvinus.hu/
Find out more about Regional and Environmental Economics MSc at Corvinus: https://www.uni-corvinus.hu/main-page/programs/ma-msc/?lang=en#regional-and-environmental-economic-studies
Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Economics
- Spatial Planning and Urban Development
- Cohesion and Regional Policy
- Policies of the EU
- Corporate Environmental Management
- Policies for a Green and Climate-Friendly Economy
- World Economics
- Global and Regional Environmental Challenges
- Finance and Monetary Policy
Study in an international atmosphere with young, ambitious professionals from all around the globe.
Dr. Márton Péti
- Zoltán Balogh – European Commission (Brussels), Regional Development Expert
- János Brenner – Federal Ministry of Construction (Germany), Designer
- János Balázs Kocsis PhD – Vice President of the Hungarian Society for Urban Planning, Urban Sociologist
- Sándor Kerekes – PhD, expert of Environmental Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Apply online at: https://international-application.uni-corvinus.hu/
Compulsory modules: approx. 90 credits
Thesis: 15 creditsMinimum credit value of elective modules: 6 credits
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor degree (in a related discipline).
- Certified B2 Level of English (for non-native speakers).
- Pass a Skype interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2600 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 EUR per semester during 24 months.
* EU/EEA tuition fee varies, depending on exchange rates. Amount in Hungarian forints: 610 000 HUF per semester.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available (non-EU/EEA students only).
Apply before mid-January.
For more information - https://www.uni-corvinus.hu/main-page/hello-corvinus/stipendium-hungaricum/?lang=en.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.