- How corporate leaders, governments, public institutions, NGOs and even celebrities make use of narrative and argument to build consensus and dialogue with stakeholders and to (re)construct their reputation and trustworthiness, especially in crisis situations.
- The role of digital media, particularly social media, in enhancing strategic communication and informing strategic planning.
- The contexts and practices of strategic communication (e.g. financial communication and investor relations; political campaigns; crisis management; branding, policy change, takeover and mergers): how they are shaped through discourse strategies and how discourse strategies affect them.
The programme combines a range of conceptual knowledge and practical skills which are crucial for successfully and critically engaging in a variety of strategic communication activities, such as defining and effectively sharing the mission, vision and values of an organisation, responding to a crisis, launching new products and services or supporting strategic initiatives like mergers, event promotions, and campaigns for political elections, health prevention or policy change.
The programme prepares students for a career in business firms, public institutions and NGOs institutions, all sectors where there is growing market demand for communication experts or consultants.
Upon completion of the MSc Strategic Communication programme, you will be in an extremely competitive position to seek employment in all these sectors, both in the UK and abroad.
Professional areas include but are not limited to public relations, investor relations, public affairs, media relations, social media, internal communication, communication consultancy and financial PR, events management and promotions.
Graduates from this programme can also choose to further their study by undertaking a PhD dissertation in the broad field of communication research. Our Department of Communication and Media warmly welcomes enquiries from prospective Postgraduate Research Students who would like to work in our areas of research. Click here to discover the main research opportunities we offer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Communication
- Argumentation and Influencing Strategies
- Research Methods for Strategic Communication
- Final Project
- Branding Strategy and Communication
- Strategic Communication in Practice: Professional Perspectives
- Digital Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage all students to apply for their chosen programme as soon as possible.
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 74 other Masters in Corporate Communication in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Liverpool and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You will normally need to have the equivalent of a UK honours degree, at 2:1 level or better in a communication-related discipline such as media, communication, or in an economics-related discipline such as management.
- We also welcome applications from graduates who hold a role or have work experience that is relevant to the programme content.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11960 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.