You will be examined during each block. The six lectured modules contribute two-thirds to the value of 120 credits to the final mark, and a research assignment contributes the other third to the value of 60 credits.
Stellenbosch University's Practical Theology - Youth Ministry programme is designed to equip students for youth ministry. The programme aims:
- to provide students with specialised knowledge of today’s youth and specific youth problems;
- to illustrate the way in which the Gospel must be communicated to the youth in order to develop faith and growth towards religious maturity; and
- to impart the knowledge and skills necessary for empirical research.
- Ministry to Adolescents
- Ministry to Pre-school and Primary School Children
- Pastoral Care of the Youth
- Research Assignment Youth Ministry
- Strategic Theological Planning and Analysis of Congregations
- The Educational and Psychological Basis of Faith Development
- Youth Ministry as Specialised Congregational Ministry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 58 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- See specific, as well as supplementary admission requirements as for all MTh programmes. You must also be involved in a congregation.
- A maximum of 15 students per year will be admitted to the programme. The programme will only be presented if at least 10 students register for it.
International1942 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1942 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1942 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1942 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.