Stellenbosch University's Sport and Exercise Medicine is an emerging medical specialty currently in the process of gaining recognition by the Health Professions Council of South Africa. SEM has three major components:
- prevention, diagnosis, management and rehabilitation of exercise related injuries;
- medical conditions associated with participation in sport and exercise; and
- prevention and rehabilitation of chronic lifestyle related diseases.
- Basic Sciences in SEM
- Exercise-related Injuries in SEM
- General SEM
- Research Assignment
- SEM in Special Populations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 178 other Masters in Public Health in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stellenbosch University and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An MBChB or equivalent qualification, from this or any other university, approved by Senate for this purpose.
- Satisfactory evidence of an interest in sport and exercise.
- Registration as a medical practitioner with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (or an equivalent registering body outside South Africa).
- At least one year's experience as a medical practitioner after community service.
International959 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 959 EUR per year during 24 months.
National959 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 959 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.