The teaching and learning strategy in each module is determined by the nature of the subject. Stellenbosch University's Addiction Psychiatry modules are presented within the framework of a student-centred approach with the purpose of stimulating critical thinking. The programme uses didactical methods, interactive learning, group sessions and supervised clinical work. Independent learning is encouraged. The research assignment is completed under the guidance of a supervisor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Service Management
- Pharmacology of Chemical Dependence
- Research Methodology
- Public Health Approach to Addiction
- Psychosocial Interventions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 282 other Masters in Health Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One of the following qualifications:
- a Master of Medicine in Psychiatry;
- a fellowship of the College of Psychiatrists of South Africa; or o an equivalent qualification approved by Senate for this purpose
- Registration as medical practitioner in the category independent practice/specialist psychiatrist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
International2013 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2013 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2013 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2013 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.