The Sport Management (Sport) programme from University College Dublin provides graduates with the theoretical knowledge and practical tools and techniques required to solve real life management challenges within the Sport industry.
The programme is informed by the exciting research carried out by our faculty and by Sport industry experts who contribute to both the design and delivery of the programme curriculum. Throughout the programme, students are provided with the opportunity to engage and network with leading figures from the Sport industry.
The programme also offers the unique opportunity to study how high performance sport is managed from government policy to the views of key stakeholders within a sport organisation, such as the CEO, the high performance director, the coach, support staff and athlete.
Careers & Employability
Our graduates who possess skills in the core management areas, are highly valued by employers within the Sports industry. Many graduates are working in Ireland and internationally in a range of areas including national governing bodies, international sport federations, sports marketing and event management agencies, professional sports teams and community sport organisations. Other recent graduates are pursuing PhD research in a range of sport related fields. Our graduates are employed in organisations such as:
- World Rugby
- Football Association of Ireland
- Irish Rugby Football Union
- Sport Ireland
- Ireland Active
- Leinster Rugby
- Connacht Rugby
- Sport Governance & Law
- Sport Leadership & People Management
- Strategy & Operations Management in Sport
- Sports Marketing
- The Management of High Performance Sport
- Sport Event Management & Communications
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sports Management Sports Sciences View 11 other Masters in Sports Management in Ireland
- This programme is intended for students with a primary degree in Sport, Recreation or Leisure Management, Sport, Exercise or Health Science or Business Studies. Students with a primary degree in other disciplines may also be considered. An upper second class honours, or international equivalent is typically required. Applicants must demonstrate a knowledge and passion for sport and sport related business. Experience working in sport is desirable. An interview with the Programme Director will also form part of the application process.
- Substantial relevant work experience or experiential learning may be considered as an alternative entry route.
- Due to the volume of applications received, early application to the programme is encouraged.
International19950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19950 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8890 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8890 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU fee per year - €4,480
- Non-EU fee per year - €13,200
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.