The primary aim of Stellenbosch University's Lifelong Learning programme is to equip you with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to be able to function effectively in adult and/or community education and training institutions as a lecturer, learning facilitator or adult-education professional. The secondary aim is to equip you with the research skills to do further advanced study at doctoral level and to be able to undertake research in the field of adult-education studies. This aim includes the capacity to function as a researcher in your professional context.
- Learning in Adult Education
- Perspectives on Lifelong Learning
- Research in Lifelong Learning
- Research Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education View 4 other Masters in Adult Education in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- have an appropriate honours degree (with an average of at least 60%) and have been employed in an adult education and training environment for at least two years;
- have completed another academic-professional study combination equivalent to an honours degree, which Senate deems suitable for admission to this programme, and have been employed in an adult education and training environment for at least two years;
- have attained a level of competence in adult education, demonstrated through the processof evaluation of prior learning, which Senate deems sufficient for this purpose.
- In addition, you must have at least two years of involvement in Lifelong Learning, or other relevant experience, which the Faculty deems to be equivalent, before you will beadmitted.
International2013 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2013 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2013 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2013 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.