The Physics programme is offered at the University College Dublin.
Careers & Employability
- Career opportunities, both in Ireland and internationally, include the following areas: launchers, earth observation, satellite navigation, space transportation, satellite communications, space science experiments, life and physical sciences and general support technology.
- The MSc can also be used as a stepping-stone to PhD research in physics or engineering. Prospective employers include agencies such as ESA and NASA, as well as Irish and international industry.
- Nanooptics and biophotonics
- Physics of nanomaterials
- Biophysics at the Nanoscale and Nanodevices
- Advanced Atomic Force Microscopy for Bionanoscience
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 13 other Masters in Physics in Ireland
- Entrance to the programme requires a degree or equivalent in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. An upper second class honours, or the international equivalent is required.
- In special circumstances, students with a strong physics background and lower second class honours degree may be accepted.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International26400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26400 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9100 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU fee per year - €4,560
- Non-EU fee per year - €13,200
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.