The Interfacial Engineering programme at the University College Dublin is designed for graduates of Chemical or Mechanical Engineering who wish to obtain an advanced qualification in interfacial process technologies evolving from recent advances in nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Substantial enhancements in technical skills in advanced aspects of surface engineering of interfacial materials. In particular, the leading research activities of the School of Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering lend themselves to substantial embedding of leading research practice in the programme's modules.
- Graduates will play an important role in the development, design and operation of interfacial and surface processes in industry at international level in the coming years.
- Sense of independence and self-starting skills fostered by carrying out a semester-long advanced research project, to a demanding and open-ended level.
- The ability to carry out a comprehensive group-based and open-ended design project, to the rigorous standard set by the IChemE.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chem & Bioprocess Eng Design
- Advanced Experimental Design
- Advanced Characterisation Tech
- Advanced Process Design
- Interfacial Mass Transport
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 14 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Ireland
- An honours undergraduate degree (NFQ level 8) with a minimum upper second class honours or international equivalence in chemical, mechanical or materials engineering programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- These are the minimum entry requirements – additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25600 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8085 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.