Stellenbosch University's Visual Arts - Art Education programme comprises various modules and a thesis. The programme emphasises the development of critical thinking and argumentative abilities by encouraging independent theoretical research that must make a contribution of considerable scope and depth to the broad discipline of visual art education.
- Learning Theories
- Citizenship and Art Education
- Globalisation and Art Education
- Research Methods in the Arts
- Service Learning (Art Education)
- Thesis (Art education)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year BA degree in Visual Arts or the equivalent three-year degree and Honours in Visual Arts or an acceptable equivalent qualification that Senate regards as adequate for admission to the programme where evidence is provided of the ability to conduct advanced independent research.
- In exceptional cases, the Bachelor's degree in Primary Education with Art Education as a major or a three-year Bachelor's degree with Practical Art and Visual Studies as majors, and a postgraduate Diploma in Education with Practical Art and Method of Teaching Art may be accepted.
- Selection for the programme is dependent on academic qualifications and professional experience.
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.