Study Public Health Data Science at University of Southern California
From the required courses, students will learn the foundations of Data Science, including developing the coding skills to acquire, manage and analyze large, noisy health-related datasets.
Students at the Public Health Data Science MSc program offered at University of Southern California will learn to wrangle, scrape, create, and manage large health-related datasets; summarize, visualize, and interpret data; apply statistical methods to draw conclusions from the data; use machine learning to reveal features of large, complex health-related datasets; learn the statistical theory behind common data science methods; and effectively communicate results and findings to a broad audience. This program is designed to be a terminal degree, but for students interested in pursing further education, it can be used to lay the foundation for a PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Data Science or Computer Science.
- Data Analysis
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Advanced Statistical Computing
- Theory of Statistics
- Health Data Science
- Machine Learning for the Health Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Machine Learning View 228 other Masters in Machine Learning in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree, as evaluated by the USC Office of Graduate & International Admission.
- Your college or university must be recognized by the appropriate governmental ministry as a degree-granting institution.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to USC by the college or university.
International59260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59260 USD per year during 12 months.
National59260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59260 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.