The University of Southern California is one of the world’s leading private research universities. An anchor institution in Los Angeles, a global center for arts, technology and international business, USC’s diverse curricular offerings provide extensive opportunities for interdisciplinary study and collaboration with leading researchers in highly advanced learning environments.
Study Product Innovation at University of Southern California
Building on a foundation that explores new paradigms for physical, virtual and hybrid product design, students at the Product Innovation MSc program offered at University of Southern California are able to tailor the program to develop design specializations that range from physical objects, to digital and interactive systems and experiences, to unique offerings that require knowledge and experience across multiple realms. Applied techniques and methodologies are augmented at each level of the program with specially crafted courses that provide essential theoretical and cultural context for advanced work, and by modules and courses covering critical elements of product venture development, including strategies for launch, management and growth. Utilizing the Academy’s network of leading industry partners, a strong emphasis is placed on collaborations between student teams and select companies and institutions, as well as other opportunities that provide real-world challenges for enhanced learning.
- The Creator’s Mindset
- History and Theory of Product Innovation
- Principles of Human-Centered Design
- Aesthetics of Form
- Creator’s Studio
- Physical Maker Lab (Making and Fabrication of Physical Products)
- Virtual Maker Lab (Web Frontend Production)
- Business for Product Innovators
- Product Venture Design and Foresight
- Leading Product Enterprises
- Entrepreneur Lab (Finance For Disruptive Innovation)
- Industry Lab
- The Garage Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Entrepreneurship Finance View 797 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree in a design-related field, including: all areas of design, such as graphic, industrial, product (including fashion), and UI/UX or interaction design (including games); select areas of engineering; and architecture.
- Applicants who possess equivalent professional experience or who hold degrees in other fields, including business, are welcome to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants who cannot demonstrate sufficient design-based skills may be required to complete additional coursework before registering for degree requirements or electives.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to USC by the college or university.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.