One public recital is required of all candidates for the Performance (Vocal Arts) MM program offered at University of Southern California. Candidates must apply for recital dates, according to the current guidelines of the Music Operations office. Some departments require that a candidate be prepared to play or conduct the recital program for the approval of a faculty committee in advance.
Candidates for the Master of Music must pass a comprehensive review toward the end of their course of study, usually in the final semester. This review, which is administered by the faculty of the major department, consists of an oral or written examination, covering relevant aspects of musical performance, literature, and/or technique.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual Instruction
- Music Ensembles
- Cantata and Oratorio
- Special Studies in Vocal Literature
- Advanced Vocology
- Research Materials and Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 606 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Music degree with a major in vocal arts.
- Students who have not had formal training in foreign language, diction, vocal pedagogy, acting for singers, song literature and in Italian, French or German languages must show competency in these areas through examination or complete appropriate course work with a grade of B or higher.
- You must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree, as evaluated by the USC Office of Graduate & International Admission.
- Your college or university must be recognized by the appropriate governmental ministry as a degree-granting institution.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to USC by the college or university.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.