In a Nutshell
The Fashion Design programme of the University of Salford builds on the success of the highly-rated BA (Hons) Fashion Design, which is recognised as a leading fashion education programme. It was listed by Business of Fashion in 2019 as one of the top 22 fashion design courses globally, and is ranked 11th in the UK in the Guardian League Tables (2019).
This course embraces a range of practices and aims to:
- Enable you to develop an advanced understanding of research methods in the context of contemporary fashion practice and to understand how creative innovation is advanced through research.
- Empower you to develop creative, critical, analytical and intellectual competencies appropriate to master’s level degree study.
- Support you to develop, extend and apply complex strategies and approaches appropriate to professional studio practice, embedding the knowledge and skills required to establish you as a fashion design practitioner.
- Develop a broad range of skills in scenic and set design
- Learn to analyse and interpret scripts and generate and evaluate visual concepts
- Gain the experience to produce three-dimensional scale models and props in order to test and communicate concepts.
Upon graduation students would typically apply for jobs within fashion design or mayset up their own brands/businesses or entrepreneurial ventures.
Graduates may also continue their research through a practice-based PhD.
- Creative Research and Fashion Practice
- Design Practice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 533 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- Relevant undergraduate degree, normally at 2:1 or above, and supporting portfolio of practice.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree of 2:2 will be considered where a high quality portfolio of practice is presented.
- International applicants will be required to show a proficiency in English. An IELTS score of 6.5, with no element below 5.5, is proof of this.
International19395 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19395 GBP per year during 18 months.
National9630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9630 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.