The Dance - Performance and Professional Practices programme of the University of Salford addresses the wider needs of the dance professional and includes modules that focus on producing, teaching workshop design and delivery, and practice as research. You’ll also expand on your skills by undertaking Emergence company roles throughout the year in marketing, social media design, production, and rehearsal directing. As part of the tour, you’ll be involved in both production and workshop delivery, giving you a real-world experience of working in the industry.
If you study a Master’s in dance performance, you’ll be well-positioned to forge a career as a freelance dance artist, a performer within an established dance company, a dance animateur, a creative educator, or an arts administrator.
Studying on this course will equip you with a wide range of transferrable skills that can be used in a variety of roles and industries. You’ll be able to generate, develop and present your ideas to a professional standard, as well as have strong research and evaluation skills, all of which are highly valued by employers.
- Dance Repertory Development
- Approaches To Dance Pedagogy
- Personal And Ensemble Development
- Teaching Strategy And Design In Dance
- Producing For Small/Mid-Scale Touring
- Dance Performance Practices
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 208 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
- To join this MA you should have a second class honours degree, 2:2 or above.
- The application process will also involve a series of two practical auditions and a personal statement (approximately 400 words). Students will be asked to write about the ways that this specific MA programme will help them advance from their current work within dance towards specific career aspirations.
- International applicants will be required to show a proficiency in English. An IELTS score of 6.5, with no element below 5.5, is proof of this.
International14440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14440 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10590 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10590 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.