In a Nutshell
What is becoming increasingly apparent is the correlation between the highly skilled health and social care workforce that has the right skills, behaviours and education, and the delivery of excellent health and social care and an ability to transform services. There is clear recognition of how the educated workforce can effectively contribute towards the transformation of services and support the implementation of health and social care reform.
The Leadership and Management in Education programme of the University of Salford is aimed at all professionals including allied health professionals, health care scientists, nurses, midwives, doctors, and social workers who want to develop the knowledge, skills, qualities and behaviours to be effective leaders of health and social care education. The course combines education, leadership and service improvement and reform.
- Develop yourself within three areas: education; leadership; and service improvement, transformation and reform
- Be able to lead an education based project for the benefit of service user and or service improvements
- Learn how to deal with complex leadership situations
- Learn to base your education and leadership practices on sound research and evidence based practice
- Learn the skills to empower yourself and others to deliver health and social care reform and transformation through the leadership of health and social care education
- Gain the confidence to try new and creative approaches
- Completing CPD is now an essential part of maintaining your professional registration.
- By undertaking CPD modules and courses, students demonstrate to employers a commitment to the profession.
- Undertaking modules lead to better career prospects and promotion.
Following completion of the course, you will have developed the expertise to lead education in health and social care contexts. There are opportunities for you to use credits from any existing postgraduate educational studies (NMC Stage 3 Practice Teacher and Stage 4 Teacher Award) towards this Master’s programme. This provides you with a flexible and dynamic educational leadership career pathway.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enabling Change through Educational Leadership for Patient and/ or Service Improvement
- Project Management and Methods of Inquiry for Health Care Practice
- Leading Education in Academic Practice
- Leading Education in Practice
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 892 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- An equivalent Bachelor’s degree normally with a 2:2 honours or professional qualification (if applicable) from the UK or elsewhere.
- If you are an international applicant you must demonstrate access to a health care organisation in order to undertake and apply the required work-based learning (contextualise theory and practice).
- If this is not possible you must demonstrate recent (contemporary) knowledge of a health care organisation in order to undertake and apply the required work-based learning activities and contextualise theory and it is preferred that you are sponsored by the organisation/ government so have continuing links with your country health care organisation.
- You will be made aware of the philosophy of a work-based learning programme (contextualise theory and practice) approach from the outset.
International15030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15030 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Your annual fee will be calculated pro rata to the full-time fee according to the number of credits you are studying.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.