This Football Coaching course from UCFB x GIS is delivered at excellent professional sporting venues similar to those in which students aspire to work. A diverse range of learning and teaching approaches are used as appropriate to each module. Across the course students benefit from regular contact through lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and practical sessions.
In addition to timetabled classes for each module, students will also attend a weekly personal tutorial session. Some of these tutorial meetings will be conducted in a group, with others conducted one-to-one contact with a tutor. Proactive use of the VI_E and mobile technologies engages students with the broader knowledge base upon which the course is built. Integration of theory and practice is consistently emphasised to support authentic learning, wherever possible utilising problem-based approaches, live case studies, client challenges and practical coaching sessions.
In addition to the validated curriculum, the Employability & Enrichment team provide students with enrichment activities, careers guidance and signpost work placement opportunities.
The multi-faceted world of football requires modern football coaches to have highly developed skills and an in-depth knowledge of the principles of football coaching. The programme has been developed for those who have graduated from coaching or relevant degree programmes or coaches currently coaching within the game who want to develop their knowledge and skill set further or form part of their CPD. The broad, applied elements of this degree provide students with the skills and experience to progress and work either domestically or abroad in a multi-billion-pound global industry. GIS ability to provide further Employability and Enrichment opportunities engages students in career development allowing students to find their place in the football industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Sports Leadership
- Applying Football principles — Tactics and Strategies
- philosophy in the Coaching Process
- Analysis of Football Coaching practice
- Applied Research project
- Match & Performance Analysis in Football (Option)
- Applied Reflective practice (Option)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 317 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a 2:1 honours degree or a recognised overseas equivalent.
- Applicants may be accepted with a 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) provided that they can otherwise demonstrate a strong profile with 50% or above in their dissertation module. Or have professional qualifications of level 2 and above.
- Professional experience and industry qualifications can be assessed for applicants without the standard entry requirements such as UEFA B licence with 10 years or more experience in a professional coaching environment.
- Candidates are required to hold a FA Level 1 certificate in coaching football additionally, it would be advantageous for candidates to already hold a PA level 2 or equivalent.
- All applicants are provided with information relating to student services, with whom they can make contact, should they require additional support or advice as well as information related to appropriate bursaries and funds.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time (two years)
- Home Students: £5,475
- International Students: £8,225
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.