This Religious Studies degree programme at Ruhr University Bochum is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Religious studies
- related subjects such as cultural science, history and social studies
CareerGraduates from this degree programme frequently work
- as political consultants
- in education and research
- in libraries, museums and archives
- in the media and PR industry
- in the field of development aid
Programme StructureIt provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Material history of religion (including six elective religious traditions)
- Systematic religious studies
- Religious research
- Applied religious studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 8 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letter of admission, if an online application has been made
- University entrance qualification (Abitur, Baccalauréat, Assessment test, etc.) and an officially certified translation in German or English
- Degree certificate (Bachelor/ Master/ Diploma/ Staatsexamen etc.) about the completed studies in Germany or another country or equivalent (original certificate of completion, issued by the responsible examination office, showing subject(s), grade and date of completion)
- Proof of the mandatory counselling interview (certificate issued by the faculty(ies) - in some cases the proof is transmitted digitally to the Registrar's Office)
- Valid ID Card / Passport
- Health insurance certificate (in the case of a new enrolment, further information in the box below)
- Certificates of exmatriculation of all previous enrolments in the Federal Republic of Germany, showing the course of study (or courses of study), university semester and semester of study.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) does not charge tuition fees. The students must only pay a semester contribution fee of about €330 per semester
Living costs for Bochum
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.