We offer a master degree in at English and American Studies at University of Bamberg.
- Since November 2016, the English Department of the University of Bamberg has been offering its international Master students a career service with the aim of providing guidance and assistance to those concerned or curious about their professional future and its possible paths.
- Here, students will find information regarding which fields are open for those holding a Degree in English (Literature, Linguistics and Culture), internship possibilities, national and international student conferences and colloquia, job-related bureaucracy support (dos & don’ts), scholarships or grants and more.
- Graduates of the Master’s Programme in English and American Studies of both branches will have acquired an in-depth knowledge of Anglophone literatures and cultures and the English language both from a practical and a linguistic perspective.
- They will have comprehensive and differentiated knowledge of the three core subjects, linguistics, literature and culture, with their theoretical and historical dimensions.
- Consequently, graduates will be able to critically analyse complex literary and theoretical texts, interpret the multi-faceted cultural discourses and developments of the Anglophone world, and linguistic structures and data from various varieties of English and independently apply their theoretical and practical knowledge.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Starting in the winter semester: between mid-May and early October
- Starting in the summer semester: between mid-November and late March
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages American Studies View 54 other Masters in Languages in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application form
- School leaving certificate + English/German translation
- University diploma + English/German translation
- Transcript of university records + English/German translation
- Diploma supplement + English/German translation (if provided by your university)
- Language proficiency certificate proving level C1 (CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- At the University of Bamberg students have to pay an administrative fee ("Semesterbeitrag") of 101,50 Euros per term.
Living costs for Bamberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.